Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Creating space

No pictures today, just thoughts on this idea of space.
Trying to capture the spaciousness and air in my images ... this morning I asked myself 'what if the paper was the space?' I've been treating the paper as a canvas to describe a space and occupants. If I let that go, can the paper act as the space and allow me to describe the ripples we make better ? What can I do to the paper to allow the viewer to experience what I want them to ?
I have a sneaky feeling I need to let the line go too. Hmmm. This week I'm going to draw some more.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:23 pm

    I re-read Bruce Mau's incomplete manifesto yesterday - number 37 comes to mind "Break it, stretch it, bend it, crush it, crack it, fold it". Good luck in your experimentation - heh, heh go girl - Ricky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:52 am

    Hi Adele
    Nice project! How big are these pieces?
    Cheers - Mike Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike, So Les gave you the address eh? Thanks. These pieces are about a metre high - some on canvas and some on paper.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.