Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Turning in space



I don't feel as if I've made much progress this week.
This sketch is based on Ricky's sculpture. It's a view looking down from above. The piece has nice rhythms and negative spaces and I imagine it painted (the sculpture) and perhaps textured too. To me, it's about the exclusivity of 'connected' people (though you might have a different interpretation Ricky). I want to capture lots of movement in my painting of it - as if this couple is turning in space. I painted it on the weekend - but wasn't happy with the results although the composition was interesting (too much colour resulted in a loss of spaciousness and seemed to constrain the figures) I overworked it !
I decided not to post the painting here - I know I can do better and so I'm thinking this is still a work in progress. Ah well... I've primed a canvas (yes!) and I'll paint it as soon as I can extract myself from this load of illustration work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.