Friday, March 03, 2006

This dance



... As in 'this dance we do'.

I just can't !
I can't let the line go. It's too hard. So here's an even scribblier sketch.
I've been thinking about other ways to convey the ripples idea, with your feedback in mind Ricky. Less hard edged (that's one of the things I feel strongly about too) and hopefully more amorphous and abstracted. Here's a sketch of a similar idea expressed differently. Still linear but looser and more free. I also want to approach the joy of meetings too. I guess it might be a little hard to read !

I'm going to work on the idea this weekend and probably retain a lot of the line work - but using blended, thicker and more textural paint. I have canvas in mind for this, provided the work on paper is effective.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:20 pm

    Fantastic - I love the dynamicism - similar to effects I'm trying to capture in 3D. - Ricky

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.