Friday, March 17, 2006

Dancing on canvas



Here's the finished painting, on canvas. I had trouble posting this today, there was something wierd with Blogspot. I removed two previous posts because they seemed to be causing errors, turns out it wasn't me. Ah well.

This piece is a definate progression on the idea of relationships in a space and the way two peope can exclude all else about them.
I'm a bit worried about what's happening to the colours I'm choosing - but the movement's starting to happen. A couple of firsts behind me with this one too.... first canvas since summer school, first one this BIG and first one that's not mixed media.
I think my hand and brain are starting to remember the feel of the canvas. It's been frustrating and hard returning to a surface with texture. I miss the speed of the paint movoing across the smooth surface of paper. I think the post I lost talked about it a bit more. Make friends with it you say Ricky?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:48 pm

    Damn right - learn to love the tooth and resistance. I love this composition and intensity - like a vortex where the figures can only get closer (it looks a lot better than my still unfinished sculpture!) - Ricky

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.