Sunday, February 26, 2006

Those ripples we make



Second thoughts have led to some changes to this one today - and yet it still doesn't successfully convey the idea I want. The image looks too much like a sixtys woodcut, heavy and angular. Here it is anyway, a development and a continuation of the exploration. Somehow I need to guard against the rendering language taking over the idea and engulfing it. Back to the minds eye for this one !



This is a rendering of the ripples sketch. I didn't want to kill it with black conte - just intimate the displacement of energy. I think it could just as easily represent a windy Welly day. Looks more like a foyer than a mall - and that's cool. It's a lot more 'painterly' than the previous pieces - in that sense it's looser I guess. I think there's a connection with them in relation to the way we inhabit space or expand to fill it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:11 pm

    Adele! I absolutely LOVE the lighter one! and love what you're doing with these...! I wish I could stick this one on the wall and watch it move!
    love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Renée, I'll have to send you a photo or a print of it. I worked over it with the black. I'm not at all sure it works so it's interesting that you have such a positive response to the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.