Friday, February 17, 2006

Beyond Summer School



So... a lot of gestural line - I love it ! A new assurance in the value of my work - about time, and a new and exciting direction for this year.

What next?

I came home ready to explore more and bursting with ideas. My friend Ricky (a sculptor amongst other things) and I are planning to mount a joint exhibition some time this year which promises to be alot of fun, and we're working towards that at the moment. We both enjoy the process of collaboration and exploration as much as the 'doing it' so we'll be exchanging ideas, work in progress and co-creating works collaboratively.

We're focussing on social spaces and the way people occupy and interact within them, It's led to some great ideas.
I'm playing each weekend in the studio, with paint and anything else that might lend itself to expressing the ideas... once you open to the possibilities and let go of the need to frame the work, the medium you choose is only as limited as your thinking (she says, while still working on paper!)

These last two works were done a couple of weeks ago. Still focussing on spaces but looking for ways to add figures to them in an expressive and sympathetic way. I'm playing with masking shapes - I really like the irregular effect.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:29 pm

    Wow! It's only a month since summer school - I guess sleep is optional. Love seeing the evolution of your work in terms of figures and relationships - and those colours just glow from the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brenda !
    I'm trying to find the time to add the third piece of the tryptic - but work has gazzumped me this week.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.