Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Negatively charged space



This sketch originates from the idea of negatively and positively charged spaces, how we affect a space by our presence our moods and words (that spillover thing).
I want to make two images - and this is the first one. Sometimes I find it easier to access the negative images first (like writing sad songs I guess). The pleats will run horizontally on this piece - and it's going to be important to plan them so that they fall at mouth, eye and forehead level so that the idea of miscommunication is really evident. I've bought a 700 mm length of canvas because I want this piece to be quite big. Yippee, looking forward to painting this soooo much! ( I missed my studio time this weekend).

The next piece is bubbling up too - there's a Denis Glover poem (NZ poet) that I'm thinking of, that captures the bright way that some people affect the space they inhabit. I'll post it later.

Oh, It just occurred to me to mention to new visitors who might be cruising around my blog, that if you click on an image, a larger view comes up so you can read any small notes (like this image contains). You'll need to use the 'back' button on your browser to get back to the main blog window OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.