Saturday, April 22, 2006

Fish bones


In at the studio today and working on the composition about negatively charged space. It's coming along well - loose and fairly expressive. I need to give the painting time to rest before I do anything more to it, though it's working well. I might add some draw threads to the sides to secure the folds in place around the figures. Stylistically it's an interesting one - I'm not sure if it relates particularly well to the others, I'm going to work back into the piece (with care) to encourage that relationship.
When I look at all the work I've done so far, I worry a bit about the style discrepancies. I'm not sure if I should get hung up on this or not... they come out how they do, and I don't want to staunch the flow of ideas by imposing limits on the experimentation or how the images 'should' look.
I wish Bruce Mau had written a piece about 'should'. Sometimes I think I'm ruled by that concept far too much !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.