Monday, April 06, 2009

Incentive

Nelson is a great place for thinking. I've just had a week of doing very little in the Autumn sun down there and it has been good for taking stock and motivating myself.
It must have something to do with gazing at all that slow moving tidal water and that yellow gold morning light...

I went to see Jay at Red Gallery and we looked at my work that she's holding in her stock room - quite a nice little collection by now - it was good to review it and reaquaint myself with last years efforts.
Best thing though, I talked her through the baby ideas I've been thinking a bit about and she liked them. We agreed that I'd develop them into a show for later in the year. Exhale!

I'm so excited to have the chance to work towards an end date (we're thinking tentatively about the week over the Nelson Arts Festival- how cool is that?)

So in between coordinating the Storylines Festival again, helping to organise Spinning Gold (the childrens writers and illustrators conference) to be held here in Welly in September, and reprising the sign language work in May ... I'll have something new to focus on. I'm glad - I bloody well need it!

I'm looking forward to making 3D work - to experimenting, and working a metaphor, and Suzanne from Konev Leather's keen to offer support wherever she can. I can see this might be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.