Sunday, June 28, 2009

Painting in the flow


"Only let the moving waters calm down, and the sun and moon will be reflected on the surface of your being."
-Rumi

While on the subject of Sufi poets and rituals, this quote describes my day.

Painting stillness in the midst of movement is a lovely challenge.
A whole day at my easel is the best kind of nourishment you can have after a late Saturday and a broken night .
I spent the day painting in the flow today, (not just moments of it) and it raced by while I worked on oblivious. Now I feel as if I can face my week - my piled up jobs, patiently waiting clients and urgent tasks will go easier... I'll see if I can photograph my painting from today, but I'm not sure about the background just yet so it might be a work in progress still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.