Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Show













Look at the date of the last post !

Before I can begin to describe what I'm up to next, here's some pics from the show and a bit of an update.

As you can see we had our exhibition last month. It was very cool and we had a good time. What more can you ask for really .... ? (don't we look pleased with ourselves - that's before we got flashed up for the opening or sold any of our work too!)

Our work looked beautiful together - it gelled and the pieces spoke to each other as we'd hoped. AND it was so cool to see it all together for the first time.

We had...
a gallery packed with a big buzz of enthusiastic guests and friends for the opening
some good sales
and a fine week in a friendly little light filled gallery space.

The week 'personing' the gallery flew by and we met all sorts of weird and wonderful folks who happened by, came in to shelter or bend an ear, to talk about the work, our practice, our ideas behind it all - or just to gaze. I think for me the biggest thing was having people 'get' the ideas and appreciate the journey as it was described by us. Especially the civic planner who yarned to me about the 'talking campi' in Venice and the way that people use social spaces globally.

I had no idea that the drawings would illicit such a positive response - I needn't have worried about my work looking cohesive - in fact, I needn't have worried full stop!

Here's a few pics of the inside of Thistle Hall, they give you some idea of how the work looked together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.