Sunday, June 11, 2006

Up to the armpits in ripples




I spent the day in the studio, so the sketches are the fruits of my joy (no labour). I wish the parchment paint would photograph better - it's really a cool greeny cream in reality. In these sketches it looks muddy and brown - ah well, if I'd wanted to be a photographer...
I'm playing with the idea of the ripples we make as we pass through a space and interact with others. I love the idea of these people up to their armpits and wading through fields of energy like so much viscous water. I think some of them are working well (1 and 2 are my favourites, they were the first ones I made) the other one tries a little hard I think. (And the fourth one I haven't posted because the composition is flawed) Fresh and simple is challenging to repeat.

I'm planning to paint the first one, so I've gessoed a large canvas with ripples. What a cool days work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.